B'Day - Markuroth
10:00 GMT -5
April Fool's Chicken Run Event Begins!

B'Day - Matranath
19:00 GMT -5
Spring Festival Last Day!
19:00 GMT -5
Last day of April Fool's Chicken Run!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Fellowship Of Guardians Forum Index -> Games
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Esgallad

re: Guild Wars 2

Tried a bit of warrior in during this beta and was kinda cool. not gonna be my main but maybe 2nd or 3rd alt (right along engineer).
Decided that my main is gonna be a Sylvari ranger! very cool race Happy

Still no server discussion? worst case i'll just pick a random one (with the lowest population at launch) and see how it goes.

I sitll haven't decided on server yet either... I know Ura has some IRL mates going for Far Shiverpeaks, and I have some buddies going to whatever server I'm going to as well, but so far I've been in Gunnar's Hold every time, and it's always been a medium population server which was nice.

Agree on Sylvari, thought they would be plant-loving potheads, but they're actually very cool and have (imo) the nicest map to start leveling in.

Still gonna roll a Norn though envy

They also have a unique ranger pet - fern hound which is kind of a sylvari wolf (as in plant-like) envy

I know, my warrior was sylvari and i got it to lvl 33, with 2 elite skills, the dog being one of them... the other elite skill I ahd was superior by far though tongue out

Any classes / races to avoid ?
Don't wanna spend hours playing dull story/class/race. Prolly have limited time to play GW2 so any tips or hints on dodging a boring class appreciated

Hepheastus.

Honestly, there is none that is boring... I personally didn't really like the Charr and Asura races, but I know plenty of people that love them... As for classes, same as in lotro, some find certain classes a lot of fun, while other dont like them.

Example: Esgard loves the ranger, I thought it was boring compared to the other classes i've played tongue out

Thief can't really stealth. There is one skill that he kinda disappears and attacks the target from behind or he can stealth for like 5-10 secs to escape combat but those aren't always accessible. (F1 skill button changes each time)
One of the best thing is that melee classes can also use certain ranged weapons and other way around.
At level 10 or so you get a 2nd weapon slot so you can equip both and switch between them at the click of a button (ranger gets a move speed boost when doing it).
I for example used thrown axe + torch as ranged and great sword for melee.

Hehe thanks for the advice. I'll prolly do what I do in every mmo eventually. Roll everything !

No cure for altoholicism

Esgallad

as long as we don't all follow Rino to some unbalanced server we'll be fine.. envy

meh, it wasnt the server it was the game -.- lets face it TOR had fantastic potential but it was absolutely rubbish

Imo the game was fine, it's ok for a game just released to have bugs and minor balance issues.
The biggest deal breaker was the completely unbalanced factions.

Anyway shouldn't be a problem in GW2 cause there isn't really open world pvp. only the world v world thing (kinda like ettens) and instanced pvp where all players have max stats/gear/skills etc. and it's all about player skill and team work.

Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

News
Error 102 connecting to the RSS feed.

This is most likely a temporary problem with the RSS feed. If it persists check the feed.

Site Activity

The Party of the year!!!
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Search Box
Poll Widget
User Recognition
Turbine has discontinued the server status API that allowed us to bring you this widget. Please let us know if you find a new API we could utilize.

Turbine has discontinued the server status API that allowed us to bring you this widget. Please let us know if you find a new API we could utilize.

Poll Widget