B'Day - Markuroth
10:00 GMT -5
April Fool's Chicken Run Event Begins!

B'Day - Matranath
19:00 GMT -5
Spring Festival Last Day!
19:00 GMT -5
Last day of April Fool's Chicken Run!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Fellowship Of Guardians Forum Index -> FoG Guides by FoG
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Rinoanor

re: Draigoch T2 Guide

Draigoch T2 CH has 3 main phases. we need to divide into a tanking group of 3 while the other 9 form a dps group. within the dps group we have a sub group of 6 that do the 12 cj's needed to complete challenge mode. I will detail all this later but first here is the ideal group set up:

Ideal Group Setup

1x heal traited cappy
1x Main Tank (guardian and warden are fine)

1x dps cappy
2x burgs (must have 5 red and the practiced buff legendary to help with the cjs and ideally apprasing eye and opportunist for more inc damage and crit/lowerdefences)
2x healers (mins/rks are fine)
5xdps (class doesnt matter, lm might be nice but not mandatory, also champ prefered since the debuffs give +100% inc melee damage and only +50% inc ranged/tactical damage)

Note: It can be done with just one burg, but 2 burgs speed up the cjs and thus the fight.

Entrance Test

Before you can even thinking about fighting him you need to pass the entrance. In order to get through unscathed you have to run down avoiding the light. if you stand in the light the dragon will one shot you and you'll have to start again. Once everyone is through, you need the raid to stand on the floor to make it collapse.

Phase 1

Phase 1 begins as soon as someone activates the glowing chest and will continue until ~75% of his morale. The tank group and dps group have different roles.

Tank Group- the tank group will stay on the upper level and tank the head. Only the tank should have los of the dragon, the healer should make sure they dont otherwise they will take substantial damage. They are also responsible for shouting out the "shifts." Periodically draigoch will shout "I will scorch you til nothing remains". he will then either look to the right or left and breathe fire. If he goes to the right, the tank group calls out left and the runs to the left to the next tanking perch and repeat the process again. If he goes left, the tank group calls out right and runs to the right to the next tanking perch. Its important for the tank to move quickly to the next perch and have los of draigoch. failure to do so results in the "cave-in" effect, which is 1.7k damage to everyone in the raid every couple of seconds until the tank has los on the head. If the tank goes the wrong way during the shift then its almost certainly a wipe due to this effect.

DPS Group- The dps group will operate on the middle and lower levels and are responsible for taking out the 4 claws so we can begin dpsing the body. There are 2 claws in the middles and 2 claws on the lower level, my personal preference is to take out the middle claws first. Its important that all of the dps group (inc ranged and healers) stay as a tight group in melee range og the claws as they do distributed damage. failure to keep grouped up puts higher strain on the healers and increase the probability of deaths/a wipe. If one of the claws has fire around it we do the following a) dps the other claw on this level or b) stay grouped up away from the claw and let the range dps take care of him (your raid leader will shout out which of these options to do so listen carefully, and if you are using ranged dps have your burgs stack enraged for the increase ranged damage). When the tank group calls out the shift we have to move accordingly. If we are on the bottom level we simply follow the shift and move the direction they call out. If we are on the middle level we first run to the left to go down the slope, and then move the direction the tank called out until we reach the next ramp to take us back to the middle level.

Once all 4 claws are dead, some texts appears in the middle and 2 things happen. 1st the tank group runs back to the original spot (by the chest) and waits there for the tank to appear in that spot (then they resume doing what they do in phase 1). The dps group waits til the text disapears from the screen (otherwise you risk getting crushed) and then we run in to dps the body and perform the cjs. (i will detail the cjs later on in this guide). We have exactly 80s to pull off as much damage/cjs as possible. He has 20s cj immunity which means if everyone acts fast and we have 2 burgs, its possible to get 3cjs done each time he hits the deck.

After the 80s he will return to his feet and the dps group exits into the tunnels in a north-west direction, as this puts us by the ramp to go up to the middle level were the claws will be.

We keep repeating this until phase 2 kicks in.

Phase 2-75%morale
At 75% of his morale phase 2 starts, you will know as he's text will change, the music changes and he starts doing his coin storm attack. both dps and tank group do more or less the same thing in this phase but with 2 differences.

1) The notification for the shift changes. after the text "My breath is death and your lives are but a trifle in my presence" he will place one paw onto the edge of the tanking perch. If he puts the right claw up (as you look at it), the tanking group call for the group to move right. If he puts left up, you go left. You will also have to run through some flames this time so during these shifts all of the tanking group will take some damage. So as you run keep your heals up and make sure you keep an eye on your squish off healer since they are more likely to die.

2) "My breath is death and your lives are but a trifle in my presence" is the wording for the coin storm attack. It does aoe damage to the entire raid and a brief slow, it doesnt matter whether or not you break los with the dragon, the damage and -speed debuff are identical.

Important Thing for the first 2 phases

The only person in the raid that can use combat rezs is those in the tanking group. those in the dps group do not use combat rezs under any circumstances (unless your raid leader gives you an order to do it). the reason for this is we drop out of combat everytime we shift for long enough to rez any dead in the dps group. We do not have this luxury in phase 3 (the out of combat time isnt long enough to cast enlivening grace) so we save all our combat rezs for the 3rd phase in case we need them.

Phase 3-50% morale

Will start when he says "Cowards. Stand and fight me". At this point the tank group has to take a running jump of the edge and join the dps group on the coins because he is about to set fire to the tunnels. If you dont then you'll get hit by a lot of fire damage so you need to jump down asap. Have one of your minstrel use Song of the Hopeful Heart between his back legs asap as this will buy the group a bit more time to transistion into phase 3 and find their right places.

The tank will stay in front of the head while the healers of the tank group will stand to one side of him, away from the claws and the head and continue to heal the main tank. The dps group will have to take out his 4 claws. Continue to have them group up in melee range like previous phases, have the captain use the heal mark on your current target, and have 1 burg use counter defence and the other disable (if you only have 1 burg i would recommend starting with disable, if damage isnt too high switch to counter defence for a bit until damage starts up again).

Through out this phase he will jump in the air and do a coin scatter attack and a flame attack. When this happens, you will drop out of comabt for a short time, have someone call it out and everyone needs to group at the back of his tail. Wait for him to finish his fire breath attack and he will land again. He will either rotate left or right a quarter of the room(previously i thought it was always right but can confirm that he can go either way) then the tank needs to move in front of the head again, and everyone goes back to doing what they did before. However, after he does this part of the floor will be on fire, and will glow bright. avoid this as it give you a huge DoT that will quickly kill you. If the fire is near one of the claws then ignore it for now and dps another claw, if its the last claw then back off and have ranged dps attack him.

During this phase i use the following method for determing which claws to kill. When he transistions into phase 3 (and when he stands up from you dpsing him throughtout this phase) there is no fire puddles so you can take any claw you want, my personal preference is to take out the back claws first. When he jumps in the air and rotates the fire puddle is always going to be on the far side of the room. As such, its best to take out the claws that are closest to you (doesnt matter if its front or rear claw as long as its the near side). Once these are done the fire usually disapears which means you can take the far claws without having to worry about the fire dot. If you only have far claws to dps and the fire is still there feel free to either 1) carefully assess if theres a spot where you can stand in melee range and kill the claw without the fire damage, or 2) let the range dps take it (note if you choose this option use the burgs positioning to determine the range, you need to be close enough so burgs can use reveal weakness and enrage to speed up the range dps on the claw, so have a burg choose the spot to stand).

Once all 4 claws are down, we have 80s to dps him. By phase 3 you should have done the challenge CJs so have your burgs pop CJs that are all yellow (or all blue if your low on power). Try to co-orindate this CJs with burgs Guile Signal and Minstrels Call to Fellowship for some extra damage. Have your raid leader call this out to the group. After 80s he will jump back up and you will have to repeat what you did above, killing the 4 claws. Make sure everyone in the raid is focused, keep your cool and co-ordinate heals on those who are below 50%ish morale accordingly. Keep this up and the dragon will be dead in no time. loot the 4 chests and cross your fingers for some epic stuff

The CJ group
This group of 6 will be responsible for getting the 12 cjs needed for the CH. At the start of the raid, ask if anyone in the dps group is likely to suffer from lag. If anyone says yes place them in the other group as we need to be super fast to get these done.

The easiest way to co-ordinate these is for your raid leader to be part of the cj group and assign everyone a number from 1-6, where your number corresponds to the positions in the cj. To make things easier (even on the easier cjs) you only contribute on your number. All of the cjs are a combination of red and yellow.The way it works is just before the cjs the raid leader will shout out numbers. If your number is called you go red, if your number isnt called you go yellow. For example, the first cj is YYYYYR so your raid leader will shout out number 6 (so only number 6 goes red). Here is an image of the table i use that has all of cjs with the name, the effect and the numbers you need to call out (so you know in advance what number to shout which makes it easier to co-ordinate)

Forum Image

The cjs are broadly 3 groups of 4. the first 4 cjs give debuffs to each of the claws. you aim to get these done asap, because the faster you get the claws down, the more you can dps the body and the less strain it is on healers. The next 4 give debuffs to the body. The final 4 can only be done once the previous 8 are done, and each of these will deal 5% damage of his total morale (about 470k of damage in one hit).

I found the easiest way to do this is to have 1 burg as your main CJer, and another as back up. The main burg will do the first 2 CJs when he is down (using exploit opening on the first CJ and Improved Feint Attack-->Trip on the 2nd). If you get a resist then shout out for the other burg to pop a cj. Once the first 2 Cjs are done, there should be time to get a 3rd in so get the other burg to pop one. You should be able to get 2 CJs every time you dps the body but it is possible to get off 3 CJs if your timing is good and you get lucky with resists.

Here is a video showing all 12 of the Cjs to give new people an indicator of the time window you have to do a CJ (which is about 5-6s)

Last edited by Rinoanor on 2012/02/01 9:21; edited 11 times in total

Great job Rino!!! Thanks a million! wink

Will have a read as soon come back & also btw if need have some screenshots without UI Happy

Courageous and honorable as men
Beautiful and brave as elves
Mighty and friend as dwarves
Powerful and wise as wizards
Agile and clever as hobbits
Proud with the splendor and glory of Kings of yore
He is Rucagorn, Captain, Guardian of the Free Peoples
Proud and honorable leader of the Fellowship of Guardians

The White Guardian

Rinoanor

yw, hope this helps others in the kin.

sure, any screenshots you have that you think are suitable then feel free to share (obv i will never get to see things myself from the tanking perspective so anyone that has screens or advice on this feel free to leave a reply and i'll add things to the guide)

Ty for the guide Rino,i think next try will be fatal for dragon:)
Rinoanor

cheers mate Happy and i agree, next time the dragon dies

Vnice wink

Quick typo that noticed:
up to more right
up to move right*

Great guide!!! Hope I can also soon do the dps group but 1st what matters is get the beast down!

WE FIGHT FOR THE GLORY OF FOG!!!

Will share some screens soon then wink

The White Guardian

Evilcooky
Evilwaffle

mayby a couple of tips i learned of the run of yesterday for phase 3:

when you enter and the boss is up, all stand at the edge of the field so nobody gets damage, then the guard goes in front of the head of draigoch and just does fray the edge (no melee needed), then when his head is targeted on guard (+cappy who healz him) the rest can go attack the paws clockwise (always run full around when need go to other side don't go under him)
one tip when doin that, the mincer will keep standin at the side so he don't get damage.
normally you should be able to do 2 paws at a time when 2 are down he will jump and you'll need to turn 90 degrees so you stand at his tail otherwise insta dead
then you continue dpsin other paws down
when down all attack hit belly and on conj all yellow
continue this till end of fight (+watch the fire, don't stand in it only when you can't miss when he's flyin)
when belly is killed all go in caves again and wait till chests appear
Mura hoppit

Well that's exactly what we did evil Happy Or tried to do anyway.
Our problem was that no one knew that when the dragon jumped up and rotated 90°, some of the coins are on fire (the brighter parts of the gold) and need to be avoided. If you run in to them you get the fire wound that killed 3/4 of our raid.

And ofcourse we missed the great leadingskills of Rino wink Thx again for leading mate!
Rinoanor

typo corrected

thanks for the tips evil. some of that i knew but some i didnt (like where healers stand and the not running underneath him). will be useful when we try him next time

cheers Mura and np, i enjoyed leading it. tho next time i'll try not to crash so we can kill him

Rinoanor wrote:
tho next time i'll try not to crash so we can kill him

Sounds a good idea

The White Guardian

Rinoanor

added a video showing the 12 CJs

Great video, cheers for share wink

He is so going down tomorow!

The White Guardian

Rinoanor

updated my guide to have details on phase 3 and a bit more on the CJs

Aknowledged! :D
Rucagorn
Leader

Riphor wrote:
Aknowledged! :D

The White Guardian

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Fellowship Of Guardians Forum Index -> FoG Guides by FoG All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: