Latest Blog Posts
Site Contributions

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
9:00 GMT -5
Anniversary (17 Years!) Event Begins! :) /skal

B'Day - Ezno
B'Day - captain ezno
18:00 GMT -5
FOG Calendar comes up, make your requests :))

B'Day - Pure Morning
B'Day - jorive
B'Day - Rowion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Fellowship Of Guardians Forum Index -> Games
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Rinoanor

re: Old Republic Guild

If anyone is interested im going to be setting up a guild for SW:TOR. me and my mate are currently in it and if anyone from the kin is interested in joining so we have some familar faces in the guild then your more than welcome to join. Current guild name is simply fellowship of jedi but might be changed at some time.

all those who are interested feel free to reply to this thread with an email adress (or send me a message if you want to keep you email private) and I'll throw you an invite. Alternatively you can visit here and apply

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/280632/fellowship-jedi

(See ? Hope they fix it soon... I already added a post at guildlaunch forums. The icon Tavern Talk stays like there wasnt unread posts there even if Games is a sub category of it)

About STWOR not sure if getting, will shout later on in December, but LOTRO will be always main if decide give it ago wink

Big question I still didnt got asnwer: Is there world pvp?

Courageous and honorable as men
Beautiful and brave as elves
Mighty and friend as dwarves
Powerful and wise as wizards
Agile and clever as hobbits
Proud with the splendor and glory of Kings of yore
He is Rucagorn, Captain, Guardian of the Free Peoples
Proud and honorable leader of the Fellowship of Guardians

The White Guardian

Rinoanor

lotro is still gonna be my main too

im not sure about pvp, i know it has it but i assume it will be in the main world and you toggle it on/off depending upon your prefernces

Question.

How is the game like?Which games are similar to it?I might give it a go but i have absolutley no clue about it so if you could explain it a bit. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Cyn!
Rinoanor

still haven't played it. will play some of the beta tomorrow night or monday morning and post feedback for you

There are PVP servers, which will have contestesd zones. There are also PVP Warzones which are available on both PVP and PVE servers. I spent nearly all this weekend playing and I must say this game is awesome! The only thing that would make me replace Lotro for this game though is a Lifetime Subscription. I played a Sith Assassin, which seemed like one of the better classes for the pvp due to some of the skills they have.

There are 3 Warzones,

Huttball - Seems you only play against the same faction. Kinda chaotic pvping while trying to carry a ball past the oppenents team.

Alderaan - It Empire vs Republic. You have to capture and keep 3 Gun turrents till the opposing team loses all their points. This was probably my favourite of the warzones, was nearly always challanging and fun, unlike Huttball which could be very one-sided at times.

Voidstar - Again its Empire vs Republic. Takes place on a ship where you have to plant bombs on doors to progress through to the end. This one could really do with team coordination as most of the time everyones been watching one area, while the enemy sneaks through another way. Done this myself a couple times. Fun battle, but does seem a bit to quick.

I never saw any of the pvp out of the warzones, I think most playing were either too busy questing or just using the warzones, but on a PVP server, just killing Republic NPCs in contested areas, instantly flags you for PVP. Only way to get rid of it is to go somewhere neutral for like 5min and it'll fade.
Zoggo

I'd like to join when game goes live Rino

You need to tell us what server you gonna be on. Hopefully European PVP one. As Karsac says PVP server not open world pvp thank goodness, just some contested zones.

I played beta throughout the weekend. Initially I was disappointed, felt a bit like wow in space. Perserved and it got soo much better. Rolled a trooper to 6, sith maruader to 13 and a bounty hunter to 7. I really enjoyed the bounty hunter.

End game.pvp,ships,cfafting dunno about yet. Or whether it's gonna have lasting appeal. Does feel a bit like a single player game set in an mmo atm. I'm sure in a kin it will be more interactive, just like FoG

Rinoanor

once ther server lis goes up will post a server name so everyone knows which one to join=D and cool, if pvp isnt open world then will defintely join on a pvp server

server list is up, will be playing on Secptre of Ragnos so if you wanna quest with me some time join this server Happy

hmm considering to get the preorder while i still can.
One cool feature i've seen in a video is the ability to take cover from enemy fire (kinda like in a FPS game).
What kinda disappointed me was the class builder. While almost exactly the same as in rift, you only have 3 different paths to choose from compared to the 8 options in rift (plus 1 pvp path).
Still i did enjoy almost all SW games in the past so might be cool to test this one out for a bit.

And how can i join your guild if i'm gonna be a sith? a sith master from a guild named fellowship of jedi doesn't sound natural... envy

PS.
Canceled my rift subscription yesterday, still got time left but probably not gonna use it.

im not 100% sure how guilds work tbh, if light side can join dark side guilds (or vice versa) im not sure of. im gonna be playing a character on both light/dark side so will find a way to test it

Seems daft you can't be in the same guild whether you on light or dark side but then again lotro got kinships and tribes.

Btw I mis spelt one of my security questions, omg what grief, only way to reset apparently was ring states helpline, which of course was jammed. Some people waiting 5 hours on hold

Rather worringly I hacked round security questions by repeatly resetting password

Got my 1st early access confirmation email yesterday so hopefully I get on to servers later today

Hoggo kick ass Trooper inc to Secptre of Ragnos.

Kuurus
Kuurus-

I currently have a Sith Assassin on Ravanger, dont know if there is a set server we all want to try and join up on?

My main will always been on the side of the Empire though, so if the majority are going to be on the Republic side I'll just stay where I am. =P

And I doubt they will allow 2 faction guilds, would be abused so much in PVP.

Rinoanor

played around a bit and you cant add light side folks to your friends list (and vice versa) so the guild will have to be either light or dark.

and that sounds pretty bad zog, that you can circumvent the customer helpling by resetting your password (tho quite useful none the less :P )

The following products are restricted and cannot be added to your basket:

STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition

Your shopping basket is currently empty.

Stupid EA... only company in the world who would restrict other countries from buying their products...
tbh i'm surprised they actually opened some euro servers (bet there are twice as many US servers though)

Update:
Talked to someone on the online customer service chat, never came across anyone more useless then him...
He kept saying it's sold out online (which isn't true), he tried avoiding most of my questions and when that didn't work he just stopped answering for 10 minutes before he finally said again - product is sold out online...
The highlight was when he actually told me to contact origin support, which is what i did and which unfortunately led me to him...
Simple question - can i but SWTOR from israel yes or no? the answer basically - don't know don't care, get lost... mad

Might just ask my dad to buy it for me from the US (which through conversion rates will be about 20$ cheaper than paying in Euros...) 80$ definitely does not equal 75Euro

Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

News
Error 102 connecting to the RSS feed.

This is most likely a temporary problem with the RSS feed. If it persists check the feed.

Site Activity

The Party of the year!!!
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Search Box
Poll Widget
User Recognition
Turbine has discontinued the server status API that allowed us to bring you this widget. Please let us know if you find a new API we could utilize.

Turbine has discontinued the server status API that allowed us to bring you this widget. Please let us know if you find a new API we could utilize.

Poll Widget