Latest Blog Posts
Site Contributions

ThursdayFridaySaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
9:00 GMT -5
Anniversary (17 Years!) Event Begins! :) /skal

B'Day - Ezno
B'Day - captain ezno
18:00 GMT -5
FOG Calendar comes up, make your requests :))

B'Day - Pure Morning
B'Day - jorive
B'Day - Rowion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Fellowship Of Guardians Forum Index -> Games
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Rinoanor

re: Old Republic Guild

all MMOs have problems when they first launch, but i must say imo bioware/EA are handling the TOR launch really badly, its a chore for anyone not living in US/England to get their hands on a copy it seems (and i only got mine easily because I pre-order from a third party company a few months before it came out)

the prices online are just stupid, they need to sort the exchange rates out so the different currencies are closer to parity, there is no reason for the huge difference in prices

Might have found a solution.
Been reading on some Israeli gamer forums and lots of people claimed to manage to purchase the digital copies from origin (EA store).
Some used Amazon EC2 (which is kinda of a internet based desktop with a billion features, one of which is a static IP address).
An easier solution is a program called Hotspot Shield.
Will try it once i get home (slacking at work atm envy )

From what people claimed on the forums they manged to buy the game for the US dollar price, link the CD key to their account and play the game.
Some even used it to pay for subscriptions based on American pricing.

So I will update once I try this at home, and could be a good solution for anyone who doesn't feel like paying 20$ more just cause he lives in Europe

PS. some good official news:
Quote:
Greetings Humanoid,
I am Protocol Droid A8-H7, Human-Cyborg relations.
I have received your transmission.
I can confirm you will be able to download a digital copy of the game after purchase regardless of which country you are from.
Should you need further assistance with this matter, please do not hesitate to let me know. Galactic support is our specialty...
Sincerely,
Protocol Droid A8-H7
SWTOR Customer Service

So the hotspot shield works, site thought i was from the US and got the US prices.
Everything was fine till it's time to enter my CC number, then the problem is i can only put a US or Canada billing address which doesn't check out with the CC so it fails.
A solution to this is registering at a site called Click and Buy and use the account there to pay for the game.
Tried signing up there but it won't recognize my Israeli address so that failed too (might work for others though)

In conclusion imo the best solution to get the american price is to use the hotspot shield and register at click & buy.
Or if you have any american friends or relatives ask them to get it for you!
As for me tomorrow my Dad is gonna get it for me envy

PS the hotspot shield could work for other websites which block non-USA IP addresses so feel free to try it (but when you're done turn it off otherwise you'll have some serious lagging)

Gone a bit off topic with this story...
Anyway what's the server everyone is on? pve or pvp?
Any FoG guild up?
been messing around with skill builders and think either Jedi shadow or Sith assassin is the way i'm gonna go

Im currently playing on Secptre of Ragnos which is a PvP server, and have both light and dark side characters. havent played it much tbh, i played it a lot during the early acces but atm i find it doesnt keep my attention too long before I have to log out tongue out

no FoG guild yet, will prob set one up in the new year (once i decide wether or not i will play TOR long term)

I'm on Secptre of Ragnos too. Got all 8 classes to lvl 10 plus. Still haven't decided main hehe but sith assassin in stealth tree seems favourite atm.

Loving full speaking quests,storylines,companions,crafting and combat looks amazing too.
Not loving the the general chat (global equivalent) which is full of trolling and terrible abuse. Makes me really appreciate how good lotro community is

Does feel a bit like playing a single player rpg tbh,hardly interacted with anyone

Merry Xmas All

Esgallad

heard it's kinda like that but still dying to check it out
Why did you all go for pvp servers?
pvp servers tend to become farming grounds for the insane grinders (those with full gear after a week)
And from what i've heard pve servers are better cause there are specific zones in which to pvp, kinda like ettens.
Do you see other faction players even in low level areas or are there different leveling zones for each faction?

I have a 38 Assassin on The Ravager. PVP server.
Didn't see my first republic in the open world till around 32 when I returned to Nar Shaddar, although I think the first world that the 2 factions merge is Tatooine around 25. They were all fairly close in level to me, killed 7 of em, some while they were questing others while just running around. Got killed a couple times as well, mainly when there was a group of em heading to a Heroic fight otherwise I use Force Cloak(hips) and move away till they leave, or heal and attack. tongue out
Not really seen many high levels ganking, probably cause there is no incentive to open world pvp, just an added danger to adventuring.

The Battlegrounds are the main PVP in the game, and they're the same on any server.

Esgallad

You have successfully redeemed the code for: STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition!!!
Finally!
My dad bought it for me from the US, came out a total of 87$ (including taxes and bullshit), still cheaper than 75Euro...
At work slacking as usual atm but will get to it as soon as i get home.
Someone get a FoG guild up there... wink

I'm on Secptre of Ragnos, name is of course Esgard.. look me up wink

Anyone else on Spectre of Ragnos ?

Hooked up with Esgard, we both lvl 20 sith assasins

My dark side characters are Slimebag,Slime,Slimehorn,Slimeball.
My light side characters are Zoggo,Hoggo,Xoggo and Foggo.

Thinking of making a dark side guild even if it's only a few of us, will be more fun than it is atm. Pretty much soloed game so far and would like to try grouped content without getting abuse from wow style players for being a "noob"

Send me a whisper if you see me game

Btw still playing lotro just on creep side atm, if your creep wants to join Fellowship of Darkness send Slimebag or Bodolf a tell

Rinoanor

barely played TOR since the early access finsihed, skyrim is dominating my time atm (sorry lotro/tor). light side im Valo (lvl 14), dark side im Rinoanor (lvl 17), hopefully will find a bit more time to play it soon and start playing with some of you.

and yeah zoggo, agree with you about the wow style, last time i played it all general was filled with was constant trolling, hopefuly there is less people like that around...

I'm gonna be on vent when playing TOR so feel free to say hi.
Next time we meet online zoggo we should definitely open up a guild, i'm thinking... "The Fellowship of Darkness"
So far only got one toon there, Esgard lvl21 Sith Assassin

Me and zoggo tried opening a guild last night but apparently we need at least 4 people initially.
So maybe we could set up a date and time where as many of us will be online to set it up.
atm we're talking about making a Sith guild in Scepter of Ragnos server.

Last night we finished our first instance (flashpoint).
We actually duo'ed a lvl 18 one that needs a full group, me at lvl 23 and zoggo healing at lvl18.
Was pretty cool... FoG kicks ass in TOR as well twisted

I'll make another Char on Scepter, although my main is currently on Ravanger 45 Assassin Cloth Tank FTW! Love having Scorpians "Get Over Here" harpoon attack.

Name will be Kuurus, probably gonna be an Imperial Agent.

Zoggo

Making a guild a lot more of a pain in the ass than Lotro

We basically need 4 of us in a group and meet at Klass city vendors. 5000 credits needed but I got that covered.

Atm Esgard, Kuurus and myself are available. Rino, just wondering if you could log in and make the 4th member for us?

Maybe try n do over this weekend?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Fellowship Of Guardians Forum Index -> Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

News
Error 102 connecting to the RSS feed.

This is most likely a temporary problem with the RSS feed. If it persists check the feed.

Site Activity

The Party of the year!!!
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Search Box
Poll Widget
User Recognition
Turbine has discontinued the server status API that allowed us to bring you this widget. Please let us know if you find a new API we could utilize.

Turbine has discontinued the server status API that allowed us to bring you this widget. Please let us know if you find a new API we could utilize.

Poll Widget